Joan has worked as a textile artist since 1994 following completion of City & Guilds Embroidery at Craven College in Skipton.
She then went on to gain an HND inTextiles at Craven College, followed by a First Class Honours degree in Textiles and Printmaking at Bradford College in 2003.
She is a Member of the Society of Designer Craftsmen.
For the past six years she has taught accredited courses (NCFE) in contemporary textiles at Number 6 Studio Gallery in Pateley Bridge. She now runs these courses privately. She is very experienced in running workshops both in schools and in adult education.
- 2004 -Society of Designer Craftsmen, New Designers - Mall Galleries London.
- 2004 -The Bradford Industrial Museum - Installation - Politics of breast cancer.
- 2004 - Farfield Mill, Sedbergh - Journeys.
- 2007 - Craven Museum - Contemporary Craven Christmas.
- 2008 - North Yorkshire Open Studios.
- 2008 - The Platform Gallery, Clitheroe - Lancashire and Yorkshire Textile Open.
- 2008 - www.cancercouncelling.org.uk - art works
- 2009 - The Courthouse, Thirsk.
- 2009 - The Darwin Project -Commisioned piece for Craven Museum, Skipton.
- 2010 - Leeds International Book Fair, University of Leeds.
- 2011 - KAF Gallery Keighley. Paper, a selected exhibition.
- 2011 - North Yorkshire Open Studios.
- 2011 - Leeds International Book Fair.
- 2011 - The Signature Gallery, Kendal.
- 2012 - Farfield Mill.Sedburgh. Cumbria
- 2012 - Crafted by hand. Masham. North Yorks
- 2012 - Craven Contemporary christmas. Skipton